Saturday, June 15, 2013

I'll Smile For What Comes Next

I have written about the seniors and graduation once before. So I'll make this short. Yesterday was graduations and so many feelings have overwhelmed me the last few weeks, from being excited, miserable, honored  stunned, and even terrified. This week involved saying good bye to my theater family, or watching the senior all check out of their classes to yesterday seeing them all graduate. As I was sitting in the stands watching them walk in, I was astonished. I saw them smiling, and laughing, some even dancing. The proud seniors with their caps decorated representing the university they will soon attend. Best friends holding hands realizing they have finally 'made it'. When the ceremony started a few parents began to cry, realizing they were seeing their baby's start their lives. The principle gave his amusing speech. Then a beautiful song was sung written for graduations, the seniors started a ‘wave’ around the stage. Everyone is the audience laughed as they saw the seniors having fun with everyone for the last time.  Speeches were made, laughs were had, and of course the beach balls where popped. Then the names were called out of the class of 2013, the diplomas were received, and the caps were tossed up. Cheers, smiles, tears, laughs, hugs, pictures, and goodbyes all happened and it's official. The seniors are done, and are now freshman once again. 

"I'll cry because it’s over 
I'll cry because it happened 
I'll cry at the memories 
And I'll cry at the good byes 
But then I’ll smile at the tears 
I'll smile because it happened 
I'll smile for the memories 
I'll smile for what comes next" -Cat Canedy 

No comments:

Post a Comment