Sunday, April 14, 2013

Girls Night Out


Today is the last day of spring break, tomorrow the long agonizing days of school will start again. With school, homework, and rehearsals starting up once more, my time for writing will be shortened. Instead of posting everyday sadly, I will try to post a bare minimum of three times a week some weeks more if I get the time. Today I'm physically and emotionally exhausted,and to be honest I have no idea why. I tried to write a meaningful and insightful post, but I just really couldn't think of anything, which is so bizarre since I typically have a hundred ideas to write about and it's hard to pick only one. I think my brain is telling me that I need to get some more sleep before I go back to school tomorrow.

Last night was a fun night with my closet friends; with us all being single we took advantage of the last Saturday night of break. We made a plan, and changed it a few times and maybe a few more after that. In the end we decided to get all dressed up, put on our high heels, spoof up our hair, and do a little more than normal with our makeup. We go all excited to see the new movie 42 at the luxury theater, Arc Light, in UTC. The original plans consisted of us eating at the new Sessions 22 then seeing our movie at 7:30. When going to buy our tickets we ran in to a dilemma, the 7:30 showing was in the twenty-one and up theater. With a quick change of plans we end up seeing The Sapphires, and eating at the noodle and company after words. When we finished eating we had a few hours to kill so we sat under the twinkle lights in this magnificent large chair, yes all four of us in one chair, and talked, laughed, and got hit on by twenty-five-year olds and then again by a very courageous five year old. We had a date night with just us girls. It was nice for us not to worry too much about our outfits and how we looked for this date since it was just the four of us. It was a date we all looked forward to, without all the usually stress brought with going on a date. The four girls I was with mean more to me then I can express in words. They are the ones some of my best memories are with; the ones I always laugh the most with; the ones that can dry up my tears; the ones I trust with my life. They are the ones that can understand me when I'm talking in ‘code'; the ones that keep me at their houses for a week when I can't deal with being home. The ones that I can be with everyday and never get annoyed with. The ones I want to party with, and the ones I want to grow old with. They are truly a special group of friends that I would do anything for.

"I knew we would always be friends.
Our friendship has kept on growing
And I'll be here for you to the end.

You listen when I have a problem
And help dry the tears from my face.
You take away my sorrow
And put happiness in its place.

We can't forget the fun we've had
Laughing 'til our faces turn blue.
Talking of things only we find funny
People think we're insane-If they only knew!

I guess this is my way of saying thanks
For catching me when I fall.
Thanks once again for being such a good friend
And being here with me through it all."
- Rachel Ellis

2 comments:

  1. Kit this is the sweetest thing ever! everything u said here is so incredibly true for me as well I hope u know that. you are one of my best friends and I love our group of girls so much. I'm so proud of u for writing this blog by the way. i know I hav already too u this probably too many times but it's true. love u catica<3
    -jewjew

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the only time I don't like having a boyfriend. But what you said about our friends makes me feel proud just to know all of you!

    ReplyDelete